Even to date, people are more comfortable setting up a local shop and also an online shop via their website. Opening a physical store has its costs too in the current market but if you cannot afford such a store, try going for the Amazon storefront application. It works and acts like a store in every possible way except the fact that it is not made of brick and mortar. But if you want to set up a shop on Amazon, you can go through the details provided below to have an idea of what you can do with them by your side.
What is a storefront on Amazon?
Amazon offers individuals a lot of different options and for those who want to sell through Amazon, you can begin by hosting a storefront. Amazon storefront is a highly underutilized idea but when done in the right way can bring a huge crowd in. Sellers who have done their stores in the right way have observed up to a 30% increase in the number of customers in their stores.
With their stores, you can find optimization tools that when used in the right way can put sites out there in front of more and more people. Ideally, your storefront on Amazon starts functioning as a website. Interestingly Amazon will take care of the research, execution, and measurement strategies in creating a brand out of your shop. If you want to know how to achieve setting up a storefront with Amazon in the best possible ways, here is a bit of what you can do.
How to Apply for Amazon storefront application?
To apply for the Amazon storefront you must first complete the below steps;
Step 1: Start by enrolling in the Amazon Brand Registry Program. The Amazon Brand Registry step allows you to register your brand and products preventing your brand and products from falling into fraudulent hands.
Step 2: You will need a trademark issued only by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) from a set of countries alone.
- United States
- United Kingdom
- European Union
- United Arab Emirates
Step 3: Sign in to your Amazon Seller Account or Vendor Central Account of Amazon.
Step 4: Click on the Storefront and then on Create Store option.
Step 5: Add your brand name and include your government-registered trademark number.
Step 6: Choose inventory from the navigation menu and then either add a single product or many products together.
Step 7: List the category of products that apply to your brand and the list of countries that manufacture, and distribute your brands.
What are Application Requirements?
Application requirements will include the following four essentials;
- A brand name is the first thing to get if you want to open an Amazon storefront.
- A trademark recognized by WIPO is also essential.
- Your GST/PAN details if you are in India and country-specific identification cards for other countries.
- You must also have an active bank account for payment transactions is a must.
Who is Eligible?
You are eligible for an Amazon storefront if you have the following criteria met;
- You must be from any of the 15 specified countries if you wish to open a shop with them.
- Shipping specifications must be met if you ship with Amazon.
- You must have a store for yourself and if you wish to host multiple stores, you can even do that.
Amazon Store Benefits
There are several benefits of having an Amazon storefront and those are;
- You will be eligible to earn a fixed fee from Amazon.
- Store owners have a high earning potential from Amazon once they open a storefront with them.
- Delivery services will help you get additional income.
- Expenditure will be low for you as a seller.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
How to get on Amazon storefront?
You must create a storefront with Amazon using the steps provided above.
How do I find a storefront on Amazon app?
Use the search bar to find the Amazon storefront on your app. Type in the name of the business to find out more about it.
If you wish to find more about the Amazon storefront, you must read this article. In it, the specific way of creating the storefront is mentioned along with the application requirements and eligibilities.