NSFAS is one of the best options South African students have. They not only get debt freedom but also get the aid that can support them throughout their study period. These are annual grants that they get and the money greatly benefits everyone who wishes to complete their study.
Is NSFAS Open for 2023?
Currently, NSFAS is not open but it will open up in November 2022 for the next season. Usually, the form filling session is open from 02nd November to 21st January 2023.
When is NSFAS opening for 2023?
The National Student Financial Aid System (NSFAS) opens online applications every year for students. Likewise, they will open the application even this year from 02nd November 2022 and it will remain open up to 21st January 2023.
Those who wish to apply for the application must visit the website www.nsfas.org.za. Alternatively, students can even download the application form, fill it and send it back to them either via post or can handover the application manually.
Who is Eligible for NSFAS?
If you wish to apply for NSFAS, you must fulfil the following;
- You must be a South African citizen.
- Applicants must be SASSA grant holders when applying for NSFAS.
- Disabled people with a combined household income of R600, 000 every year.
- Those students who began university earlier than 2008 and have a household income of R122000 per year can apply for it.
- Students whose combined household income is less than R350000 every year.
Application requirements for the NSFAS program will include;
- A birth certificate or ID proof copy is essential.
- Spouse, guardian and parents IDs are a must.
- Either add your income proof or IRPS as required.
- Sassa grant recipients need not provide income proof.
- Add your mobile number and email ID both of which works.
- Those who are known to be vulnerable children as per the social department become a part of it.
- Evidence of profits and IRP5 for a year is essential.
- Disabled individuals need to sign the Disability Annexure A form.
- Orphaned individuals can provide proof of their condition.
- If there is a vulnerable child, the consent form must be signed and approved by an adult who is aware of the child belonging to the vulnerable community.
- Those who fulfil the need for other documents must submit the following: death certificate, retrenchment letter, UIF document, or divorce decree.
How to Apply for NSFAS application 2023
To apply for NSFAS application 2023, here is what you will have to do.
- To start the NSFAS application, visit their website at www.nsfas.org.za/apply-2023 and then start the application process by pressing the “myNSFAS” tab.
- Next, create an account for yourself and then start by clicking on the Apply tab.
- Include your personal details and also answer other related questions present on your screen.
- Upload all the essential supporting documents and then click on the Submit tab.
NSFAS applicants do not need to make any repayments for the student debts that they incur during their study period. Usually, they also get an annual allowance to cover a few expenses like;
|Study related material||R200|
|Accommodation||R56 166.00 (maximum amount)|
|Allowance for covering incidental events||R2900|
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Where can I get NSFAS application form?
Move to the NSFAS website and then download the application form pdf from there. Once you have the pdf. Fill it out appropriately and send it across to them for review.
Where can I submit my NSFAS application form?
Fill it out and then either send it to the Financial Aid Office or mail it to them with your documents alongwith the application to [email protected]
Can I cancel NSFAS application and apply again?
Yes, you can cancel NSFAS and send in your applications again. But every student must submit the application before the last date of application.
NSFAS is targeted by many students in South Africa and grants are subject to selection. If you wish to take up the grant application is a mandatory process and before you apply, you must know all that you need for filling out the application form.