What is a Blue Badge application?
If your child is disabled or in such a health condition that affects the mobility or the health of your child you can apply for the Blue badge.
The blue badge is a program of the UK government which helps one park anywhere and at places where other drivers cannot park. There is a minimal amount that one needs to pay for this badge but ultimately this badge is helpful. This badge also comes with a guideline that helps the user to use the badge appropriately.
Thus the application for the blue badge to get is known as the “blue badge application”. This includes certain criteria and eligibility which one must fulfill.
How to apply for Blue Badge Application?
If you are someone who wants to apply for the blu badge and is confused as to how shall you do then these are the few steps that may help you out:-
- Visit the website that is www.gov.uk/apply-blue-badge to apply
- Go to the option which says start now
- Then fill in the option which says whom are you applying for
- Then enter your postcode and find your local council
- Then tap on the option which says “continue”
- Choose the option for a blue badge from the external lin
- Fill in all the details that they ask for
- Pay the amount
- Personal documents like photographs, citizenship certificate, etc
- Disability documents
- Local authority signature
- Identity proof
- National Insurance number
- Address proof
- If one is receiving a war pension
- If one is blind
- If one has PIP
- If one receives war pension mobility
- If one has got a huge amount from the Armed Forces and Reserve Forces Compensation Scheme (within tariff levels 1-8) and also has a permanent disability which makes it him or her difficult to walk.
- If one has a disability on both arms
- If one is extremely anxious
How to Check Blue Badge Application Status?
You can check your application status online as well as offline from where you have applied. To check your status online you need to log in here. You need to give your application Reference Number, Year of Birth & Last Name. After typing all this Click on “Manage Your application”. That’s it.
One can Also Call 03000 41 62 62 to check the status of their application.
How long does it take to get a Blue Badge?
It generally takes three months but it may vary depending upon your council. One can get exact data if they ask their council.