What is City of Chicago pilot program?
The Chicago cash pilot application will grant $500 a month to all Chicago households for 12 months. It is under the new pilot program that is initiating it and the program began duly on 25th April 2022. The Chicago Resilient Community Pilot program aims to provide aid to 5000 families in Chicago.
These families must belong to the low-income group and are in itself an initiative of $13.5 million. Under this program, those families suffering acutely from the COVID-19 pandemic are being specially targeted for support. The pilot program application opened on 25th April 2021 and will remain open for three weeks.
You can use this link to find out the maximum annual income that will be allowed to apply. Ideally, it depends on the number of working members in a household. If you have four people working from a family, then to apply your family should not have annual earnings of more than $69, 375.
It also has research associated with it and when participating in the research can get paid anywhere from $20 to $600.
How to apply for City of Chicago Pilot Program application?
To start the Chicago $500 a month how to apply process, use the link given here.
Scroll down to the new application apply tab to start the Chicago cash pilot application process.
- The first question you have to answer is about your application. You will have to specify if you are filling it out or if someone else is doing it on your behalf.
- If you are filling it, you will have to fill in your name or if filling for someone else, then drop in their name on the box.
- Add your mobile number or email address by checking the appropriate boxes and then adding the phone number or mail ID in the box.
- Once you have entered your phone number or mail address, you will receive a code that you need to add to your form.
- Once you have the confirmation code, and you have added them, you will next need to add other information. It will include your financial details, household income information, number of household members, and other prompts on the form.
- You will also need to enter your SSN and other identification details for easy verification. Include your complete address for future communications.
What are application requirements?
The application closes by 13th May 2022 at 11:59 pm. The status of every application will be shared with them by the end week of May. The application is available to people in Arabic, Polish, Filipino, simple Chinese, Spanish, and English.
If you fulfill the below requirements, you can apply for the position.
- The applicant must be 18 years or more when applying for it.
- One needs to be a citizen or permanent resident of Chicago.
- Only one applicant is supposed to apply from a single household.
- You must provide the following proofs- total household income proof, date of birth, current residence, and identity proof.
Who is eligible?
Eligibility requirements will include the following;
- One must have undergone economic struggles during COVID-19.
- The annual income must be 250 percent below the Federal government standards.
- Having a valid email address and telephone number will help apply.
- A complete mailing address is also essential for applying.
The program comes with different types of monetary benefits for a year.
- Every approved household will get a sum of $500 per month for 12 months.
- There is associated research with the program that those who qualify can draw $20 to $600 based on their participation level.
- You get enough time to figure out your life’s needs and pursue jobs to get out of the economic hurdle.
How does it work?
This City of Chicago $500 a month application program works like a lottery and after your eligibility is measured by officials from the applications submitted, you will get a chance to participate in the lottery. Each verified individual’s name is added to the lottery draw.
The lottery will prioritize people living below the poverty level and communities with existing monetary difficulties.
What is Chicago Cash Pilot Application Deadline?
The Chicago cash pilot application deadline is 13th May 2022 at 11:59 pm.
Where can you use $500 a month?
You can use the money obtained from the Chicago cash pilot application to buy food and any other necessary commodities.
If you win the lottery you will get $6000 over 12 months to combat poverty. Read more about the Chicago.gov cash pilot application program details from this article.