What is Clear Path relief pilot program?
The Clear Path relief pilot program is going to commence on 31st March 2022 and is an income-based pilot project program. It aims to eliminate vehicle associated debts. Residents of Chicago who fall in the low-income group will be relieved of the city-issued traffic fines within the country.
Low-income group motorists can benefit from the program wonderfully as even old debts, even the ones made three years back will be eliminated. Almost 50% of the newly generated tickets will be waived off their original fine amount. All of these tickets will stop incurring any fees or penalties from or after 31st December 2023.
How to apply for Clear Path Relief Pilot application?
People 300 percent below the Federal Poverty Line will be able to avail themselves of the Clear Path Relief Pilot program scheme. To apply, you must have an hour with you as the application needs to be done in one hour. There is no provision to save the application for later.
Start the application process by clicking the link below;
Step 1: This is what the first page of the application looks like, you must check the box to intimate the officials if you are currently booted.
Step 2: If you check the yes button, you will need to also check on the box that intimates the officials that you understand under circumstances of non-payment, your vehicle will be towed away.
Step 3: Fill up your notice number, driver’s license, or license plate number to complete the verification process.
Step 4: In the next step, fill-in your ticket numbers, owner information, eligibility of the applicant, the information of the preparer, and next, complete the summary before you submit the information.
CPR Application Chicago requirements
There are several requirements that you will need to address to complete the application process. Here are some important ones:
- You must be enrolled in a household that is under the Utility Billing Relief (UBR).
- They should have a family income 300% below the mentioned Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- As an applicant, you must have an active email address.
- Proof of residency can be proven through a valid ID card that includes the Driver’s License, credit card statement, cell phone bill, Mediclaim State Benefits,
- Type of income is a must to know like the Utility Bill, social security annual statement, pay stub or pension or retirement statements.
Who is eligible?
Eligibility requirements for the credit card include the following;
- One needs to be a minimum of 18 years of age to get through the Clear Path Relied Program.
- The collective income of the family is to be mentioned
- You must also declare your number plate number when necessary.
- A minimum down payment of $25 as an income-based waiver installment will be done.
Here is what you will benefit from if you are chosen for the Clear Path Relied Program.
- You will not have to pay certain kinds of vehicle taxes like debts that include parking, red light, speed, and compliance-related amounts.
- If you have received a ticket, within the last 365 days, you will immediately get a 50% waiver on it
- For a 3-year-old ticket, you can waive off the ticket’s original amount.
- You cannot bring down or eliminate the meter ticket debts but your non-meter debts will waive off.
- For those of you receiving new tickets that are not paid until 01st April 2022, you will not have to assess and pay the penalties until after 23rd December 2022.
Once you are part of the CPR program, you have a lot that you can gain from it. All you need to do is show your total income, identity, and personal information in the application form. You must also mention if you earn from any other Federal Programs.