Millions of people struggle to keep warm and their lights on every year. With COVID-19, the situation dimmed out for many more people as the funds plummeted and jobs thinned out. Life is a hard mess for many and in between everyone is trying to find whatever help they can lay their hands on.
Most of the energy utility organizations are being tagged up by the Dollar Energy Funds. They work together to bring lights and energy to many homes. With their help, many people can improve their quality of life if and whenever their households are struggling to meet their energy requirements. Currently, if you are not able to meet your energy bills, you can read through this article to find out how best you can get help from them.
What is the Dollar Energy Fund?
The Dollar Energy Fund provides utility grants directly to the utility company account. They offer individuals a chance to put online application requests for receiving Dollar Energy Grants. Residents of a particular state can receive a minimum of two grants every year.
The application acceptance rate is provided on a first come first serve basis. They have already paired up with the following partners:
- Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania,
- AEP Ohio,
- Omaha Public Power District,
- FirstEnergy (Met-Ed, Penelec, Penn Power, West Penn Power),
- Pacific Gas and Electric, or Peoples
- Metropolitan Utilities District
How to Apply for Dollar Energy Fund Application?
To apply for the Dollar Energy Funds, the application process will involve the below-mentioned way.
- First, visit www.hardshiptools.org/MyApp/Apply.aspx, and then add your basic information in the first segment including your first and last name and phone number.
- Include your email address, state, and utility company’s name.
- Add your account number, monthly income, and household size in the next few segments.
- Enter if your home was impacted by COVID-19 and then click to prove that you are not a robot.
- Click on the Next tab to move to the next application prompts.
- After filling up the entire information, go ahead and submit the application form.
Also Read:- How to Apply for Pension Credit Application?
What are Application Requirements?
Different states might have different application requirements. These are the few general application requirements for the Dollar Energy Fund application.
- Birthdates and complete names of every member in the household.
- Income proof of every member within the household members.
- The most recent utility bill copy must be tagged with your Dollar Energy Bill application.
- You must make payment proofs from the past 90 days.
- Include your utility account number in your application.
Who is Eligible?
Eligibility will include the following essential points for receiving the Dollar Energy Fund grants.
- Proof of your monthly household income is essential as only those consumers are selected whose monthly household income is either at 150% or below.
- To provide payment proof, you must pay $50 as an electric bill within 90 days from the date of application of the grant.
- Your bill balance should be a minimum of $100 if you wish to qualify for the Dollar Energy Fund.
- Include the social security number of all household members.
- You must have a single home or apartment residential account scheme.
- To qualify you must not be below 18 years of age and currently living within the household.
How does Dollar Energy Fund work?
The Dollar Energy Fund will work in the way mentioned below;
- The first step will be to find out if you are eligible for receiving the funds.
- In the next step, you will need to book an appointment with the CBO.
- Take the necessary documents to the CBO.
- Fill out the application form with the CBO intake worker or you can even go online to fill the application.
- After filling up the form, if you qualify then your grant will directly flow into your account.
Here’s all about the Dollar Energy Fund application process and if you wish to move ahead with it reading this blog will help. It will create an idea as to how you must move ahead with the Dollar Energy level application.