What is emergency broadband benefit application?
The Emergency Broadband Fund has now arrived to help American households who use broadband and are unable to pay the bills. The FCC program will help families who have not paid the bills during the Covid-19 pandemic due to financial problems. Emergency Connectivity Fund will also help schools and libraries.
Under this new benefit, the households struggling to receive internet connection will be connected to jobs, critical healthcare services, virtual classrooms, etc.
The Emergency Broadband benefit will offer a $50 discount per month to eligible households for the broadband services and up to $75 per month to those households that fall under tribal lands. The qualifying households would also receive a one-time discount of $100 to buy laptop, desktop, or tablet.
However, the EBB program will be limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
The Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC’s) Emergency Broadband Benefit program start date is May 12, 2021. Once the service starts, eligible households will receive monthly discounts on their bills for up to six months after the pandemic ends. Many landlines and wireless broadband are participating in the EBB and you can find it by clicking here.
How to apply for emergency broadband benefit program at&t?
To avail the ATT emergency broadband benefit, you can contact the service provider to choose a service plan and apply for the EBB benefit in the following way:
- Visit the GetEmergencyBroadband.org – You can go to the website and apply online. Thereafter, you have to contact the broadband service provider to choose a plan.
- Mail-in application or print a copy – Call at 833-511-0311 to get an application via mail or download a print copy and submit it along with the proofs by mailing at the below address:
Emergency Broadband Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY 40742
- Contact a participating broadband provider – Contact your service provider and apply through them directly. You have to apply through the first and second way and then connect your participating provider to get onto an eligible plan.
The applicant’s must show payslips and proof of financial hardships.
Here are the eligibility criteria for the EBB Program:
- The household gets an income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or is a member of SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline.
- Got a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
- Underwent huge financial losses since February 29, 2020.
- The household earned less than $99,000 (for single filers) or $198,000 for joint filers in the year 2020.
- Qualifies for low-income programs or special financial Covid-19 programs.
- Receives benefits under free and reduced-price school lunch programs through the USDA Community Eligibility Provisions in the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year.
How to get Emergency broadband benefit free tablet?
After applying for the EBB program, you can contact a participating provider and then receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to buy laptops or desktops, or tablets. The benefit can be availed for purchasing one device per household.