What is FAFSA Application?
FAFSA stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid which is a form that is executed by current as well as forthcoming university students in the U.S. to interpret their eligibility for monetary aid. It becomes available every year in October.
How to fill out FAFSA Application?
- First of all, go to the official website of FAFSA and sign in using your FSA ID before you go on to start with your application.
- You will be first required to type in a few personal details, including the Social Security number as well as citizenship status. After this, there will be some more questions that will help to analyze the dependency status of the student.
- The succeeding column will ask for details about the student’s parents. You’ll need to enter personal details as well as financial data including the assets, earnings, and tax forms.
- For the last step, you’ll be required to enter details about the finances of the student (as well as their spouse, if any). While a lot of young students won’t be having much to provide in this section, you must still go through it carefully and submit everything that’s required.
- The applicant will also be required to mention all the universities that they wish to apply to. You should mention at least one and can go on to mention up to 10 universities in your online application form.
- While it may seem like a great deal to follow the above-mentioned steps, the good part is that you don’t need to do all of it at once. One can choose to save the progress and then return later to finish off their application.
- It is also advisable that you first get all the necessary forms with yourself and only then calmly sit down to fill up the application. Let’s see what you need for the FAFSA application.
What are FAFSA Application Requirements?
- An FSA ID for logging in electronically
- Social Security number of the student
- Social Security numbers of the Parent(s) (for dependent students)
- Driver’s license number
- Alien Registration number (for non-American citizens)
- Financial details
- Federal income tax details
- Reports of untaxed income
- Any investments and bank statements
- Federal school codes for all the schools you wish to apply to
How to check FAFSA application status?
For getting some updates on your FAFSA application form, follow the steps provided below:
- First and foremost, sign in to the website fafsa.gov.
- You will find your FAFSA status on the page named “My FAFSA”, which will show up as soon as you sign in if you have previously initiated or finished off a FAFSA application form.
To get updates on the financial aid status that has to be paid to your account, you can go and ask the respective office for financial aid in your career school or college.
When is FAFSA due for fall 2022?
In case anyone wishes to apply for the academic year of 2021-2022, they can apply for FAFSA up until 30 June 2022.
FAFSA deadline 2020-21?
The FAFSA applications for the academic year of 2020-21 were due by 30 June 2021. Any Revisions were due by 11 September 2021.
FAFSA application how long does it take?
It takes very little time to fill out the FAFSA application as compared to what a lot of people fear.
- New: It will barely take you around 10 minutes to generate an ID and after that, less than 60 minutes to get done with a new FAFSA application.
- Renewal: For a renewal FAFSA application, you will need around 30 minutes.