What is grama niladhari online application 2021?
Grama Niladhari Gazette 2021 is an open competitive examination for recruitment to the post of Grade III of Grama Niladhari. Grama Niladhari exam application 2021 online application is open now and the closing date for applications is 28 June, 2021. Applicants must be between 21 to 35 years of age and should have passed GCE O/L or GCE A/L with six subjects including Sinhala or Tamil and Maths having acquired 4C.
Grama Niladharis are Sri Lankan public officials appointed by the central government. They are responsible for executing administrative duties in a grama niladhari division. A grama niladhari division is a sub-unit of the divisional secretariat which is under the Home Affairs Division of the Ministry of Home Affairs. In Sri Lanka, there are 14,022 grama niladhari divisions under the 331 divisional secretary’s division.
The typical duties and responsibilities of a grama niladhari include collecting statistics, maintaining voter registry, settling personal disputes, tracking criminal activity in the sub-division, issuing residence certificate and character certificate. Further, they have arresting authorities if they have been sworn in as Peace Officers. They receive a salary of Rs. 47,990.
Also Check:- 2022 Grade 1 Application Sinhala: How to Apply?
How to grama niladhari exam application form 2021 download?
To download the Grama Niladhari exam online application 2021, applicants can click the following links:
Sinhala – Download
Tamil – Download
English – Download
Applicants can download grama niladhari application 2021 pdf from the above-mentioned sites.
How to apply grama niladhari gazette 2021 application?
After downloading the exam application form, the applicants can fill it up and furnish all supporting documents. They can also file the application online. Further, they must also pay an exam fee of Rs. 600 and attach the receipt with the application form. Finally, in case of offline application form fill up, the applicants need to send it to the below address via post:
Commissioner General of Examination,
Establishment and Examinations Organization Branch,
Department of Examination, Sri Lanka,
P.O. Box 1503,
What is grama niladhari exam qualifications?
Following are the general qualification requirements for the applicants of Grama Niladhari examination 2021:
- Applicants must be Sri Lankan citizens by descent or by registration as per the Sri Lanka Citizenship Act.
- Applicants from the New Entrants, Public Officers, who are not educated in Sinhala or Tamil will not be entertained if they have failed the prescribed official language proficiency test and are unable to provide the evidence of exemption from the highest proficiency test prescribed for the post.
- Applicants must have passed the Senior School Certificate Examination or an equivalent examination. They should also have passed the Senior School Certificate Exam either in Tamil or Sinhala language.
- The age range of the applicants should be between 21 to 35 years of age.
- The applicant must be in mentally and physically sound condition.
- They must be willing to commit to ten years of service to the Central Government or Provincial Council Service.
- The applicants must not have any past criminal record. Other than this, there should not be any history of bankruptcy, dismissal from public services, or shouldn’t have been ordained into any religious sects.
- The applicants should have proof of residency in the district from where they are applying for at least three years by the time application is closed.
- They also need to submit a residence certificate issued by the Grama Niladhari unit of their residing district.