Harris County residents can benefit from the net health insurance plan available to them via the Gold Card if they fulfill all the application requirements. This Gold Card is for undocumented, uninsured, and low-income families who do not have any other help of any sort. If you have health concerns that might benefit from the loan, go ahead and get the loan for yourself or anyone within your family after reading this article.
What is Harris County’s gold card?
The Gold Card is a Harris Health System healthcare network card. It is not entirely a free offer but brings financial assistance for those who meet the qualification and requirements. It offers a medical program for those who cannot afford it. The real name for the program is Harris Health Financial Assistance Plan even though locals know it by the name Gold Card Program.
They offer a variety of services that include;
- Monetary benefits for same-day clinics and dental services
- Counselling, psychiatry, and primary care help through community clinics.
- Specialty care through cancer care clinics, stroke, dialysis, geriatrics, HIV/AIDS, cardiology and so many more.
- Pharmacy facilities and trauma care facilities including Ben Taub and LBJ Hospitals.
How to Apply for Harris County Gold Card Application?
Here’s how you can file the Harris County Gold Card application.
Before beginning the application, gather all these necessary documents:
- Identification document for your family members.
- Your complete mailing address with your and your spouse’s name on it.
- Proof of your gross income in the past month as a family.
- If you have dependent children living with you, you need to move your relationship with them. Birth certificates can work well in this regard.
- Immigration details of you and your family members are also necessary to enter.
- Health coverage details for anyone in the family.
- Medicare details, in case, any of you have it.
- Any other form of benefits like supplemental security income, TANF, CHIP, and CHIP Perinatal Medicaid or Title V benefits must be declared.
Find the Harris Health Eligibility Centers here.
Fill up an application form by going to your online account or collecting an application from one of the healthcare centers.
What are Application Requirements?
Some of the application requirements will include the following;
- Cash income evidence
- Income proof from rental property
- Current check stubs from your most recent salaries
- Proof of Medicaid, CHIP, CHIP Perinatal, Medicare, or health insurance.
Who is Eligible for Harris County Gold Card?
Eligibility criteria include the following conditions and their fulfillment.
- One must be 18 years old and above to claim the loan.
- You must have a valid email address, telephone number, and mailing address.
- If someone from your house has already applied for it, you cannot apply until their application is in process.
- To apply for the loan, you must be living in Harris County.
- Families applying for it must be real low-income groups to be able to receive the discounts. Your earnings should be 150% below the declared Federal poverty level.
- You will have to show them your address and monthly income details based on which your loan will be granted.
Gold Card Benefits
Benefits include the following;
- If you need immediate medical attention, you can apply for it.
- If you were discharged from the hospital in the past 30 days and want to go for a follow-up visit.
- A specialty clinic appointment is needed or needs to reschedule your appointment.
- If you need to schedule a procedure or a visit and need to fill prescriptions you can be eligible for it.
- There are three different types of plans where-
- Plan 1 is for those who fall between 0 – 100% of the poverty level,
- Plan 2 is for those who fall within 101-200% poverty level and
- Plan 3 is for those who are within 200-250% of the Federal poverty level.
- Plan IV also has certain offerings you will need to find out from your local office.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Who qualifies for Harris County gold card?
Those whose income level and mailing address fall within the perimeters of Harris County can qualify for the Gold card.
Where do I mail my Harris County gold card application?
Mail your Harris County Gold Card application to HCHD Financial Assistance Program PO BOX 300488 Houston, TX 77230. You could also drop it at your closest Harris Health Eligibility Centers.
How to check Harris County gold card application status?
The Harris County Gold Card application status can be checked by signing into the Harris Recovery Client Portal. Individuals will be able to check their application status post signing into the portal.
You can learn a lot about the Harris County Gold Card if you read this article. Find out all that you need to know before you start with the application process.