What is Harris County Relief Fund application?
The Harris County of Texas has entered into a partnership with Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston to provide the Harris County Recovery Assistance Programme. The applicants will be benefitting from a $1,500 one-time payment for meeting their emergency needs. The applications have opened on July 28 and will be open till August 11.
A total of $30 million funding will be used to help the county residents deal with financial distress during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
The Catholic Charity will be responsible for reviewing the applications, cross-checking the eligibility, and processing the payment. The payments will be processed by December 30. The applications will be selected using a random statistical method to ensure fairness and the selected applications will be scrutinized and processed.
How to apply to Harris county relief fund application form 2021?
There is a two-week window to apply for the Harris County Recovery Assistance. Navigators are assigned the task of helping people through the application process. They will be stationed all across Harris County.
You can click here to apply now or visit the harriscountyrelief.org website and click the Apply Now option from the top left panel on the website.
You have to provide the following information for the Harris county relief fund application form.
- Contact information
- Number of people in your household
- Public benefits programs where you have applied or your monthly household income, and it’s proof.
You will have to upload the documents while submitting the application. Following are the required and accepted documents proof:
- Valid Identification – Current or expired Texas Identification Card or Driver’s License, Current or expired U.S. Passport, Non-expired U.S. Visa Card, etc.
- Residence Proof within Harris County – Current photo ID, current utility bill, mail from government office, financial institution, proof of temporary residency, or homeless statement.
- Proof of Income Eligibility – Medicaid, Harris Health Gold card, Public Housing Assistance, etc.
- Self-certification of Pandemic Impact
Following are the eligibility requirements for Harris County Fund Relief Application:
- Households must be located within the Harris County of Texas.
- Applicants must be 18 years and above, or an emancipated minor.
- Households should have evidence that they are going through economic hardship due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Families will receive a one-time payment per family unit which has to be shared. If family units are separate, then each unit must apply separately.
- At least one member of the household should have enrolled under the public assistance program or the total household income should be at or below 60% of the HUD Area Median Family Income.
- As per the federal government guidelines, at least one adult member of the household should be a U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident, refugee, or else be other qualified noncitizen.
How to Harris county relief fund check status?
You can check the application status online at its website.
Those households which will qualify will receive a one-time payment of $1,500 for emergency expenses like healthcare needs, paying rent or mortgage, utility bills, food and internet expenses, transport expenses, meeting childcare needs, and others.