The Housing Opportunities and Prevention of Evictions Program is known as HOPE program housing. It is designed to support low income groups of 88 counties of North Carolina with their rental assistance program. It also aims to help people with their utilities assisting renters with gas and other daily requirements through this COVID-19 phase. Almost 36000 families have to date benefitted from the program.
How to HOPE Program Apply Online?
The HOPE program housing is built to facilitate the poor communities and the less fortunate ones including those who have lost their jobs in these times. There are a few steps you have to use when applying for the HOPE program. The current HOPE program schedule is closed and if you know what to do, you can reapply once the applications open again.
Step 1: Visit the website from your browser as listed here.
Step 2: Click on the HOPE program tab provided in the top segment.
Step 3: Create an account with them soon after the screen opens. If you already have an account, log in with the user ID and password.
Step 4: Add your details including your financial constraints, your address, and bank details.
Step 5: Add proof of your income, address, and your ID proofs, and then submit the application.
What are the requirements?
They will cover electricity bills up to $1020, heating or natural gas costs up to $270, water for $210, and wastewater up to $240.
To complete the application process, these are a few requirements you need to suffice.
- Your landlord must sign a filled lease summary form.
- A written statement must be attested from your landlord specifying your name, rental or lease details, the number of months it’s due, and the end date of the lease.
- Enter your landlord’s name, email address, and other contact details of your landlord.
- Utility bill details like the electricity bill, wastewater, sewer, and natural gas or heating oil bills.
- Add the first name, last name, and email address you used to apply for the HOPE program any time earlier than the one you are applying to now.
Also, Read – How To apply for HOPE Program Scholarship?
To be eligible for the HOPE program for homeless people, here are a few points to abide for;
- You must be 18 years and above to apply for HOPE.
- Being a resident of North Carolina state is a must.
- You must have government-sponsored ID proof, address proof, and financial proofs to apply for the program.
- During this period you must have faced financial difficulties.
How to reapply for HOPE Program?
Eligible candidates for HOPE program housing will receive rental and utility assistance for a whole year from the time they have applied.
Once a year passes, candidates can reapply again for the funds as soon as their application phase opens up.
Applicants who reapply will receive 12 months of assistance again, and with it, they can apply for nine months of past dues as well.
Also Read – How to Check HOPE Program Application Status?
Who is eligible to reapply?
Reapplication for the HOPE program housing is possible for the below-given people.
- Those who received the grant in the previous year and their monetary condition still did not improve.
- Individuals or families who are still below the poverty level (50 percent below the median income level of their county) and their conditions have not yet improved.
If your job is in jeopardy, or you are on reduced pay scales, you can go ahead and apply for the funds. Reapplication is also possible, and getting benefits is easier with them. Simply fill their online application or call them up to complete the application process. Read this blog to understand more about the process.