The IRS customer service works from Monday to Friday and through it, you can reach an IRS live person. The best time to get connected to an agent is early in the morning as soon as their office starts.
How to get through to IRS customer service?
Before you call, gather all the information you need to present to them while communicating like
- The social security number,
- Individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN), if you don’t have a valid social security number.
- Filing status of your current year’s tax return. File in to let others know if you’re single, married filing joint, or single.
- Have the previous year’s tax returns handy, as it might be needed for validating facts.
- Letter or notices if any, if, has been received from the IRS
- A tax return copy for which the applicant is making the call.
Also Check IRS Stimulus Application for Non Filers
irs.gov stimulus check tracking phone number
IRS stimulus check phone number is 1-800-829-1040. You can track your stimulus by calling them.
You can try checking it online also by logging into the portal or follow them up with an email request as well.
IRS phone number for stimulus check 2021?
Dial 1-800-919-9835 for checking the stimulus 2021.
IRS phone number for stimulus money
Dial 1-800-919-9835 for checking the stimulus money.
IRS contact phone number to speak with a live person
If you are struggling to know how to contact to a live person at the IRS here are a few of the steps you might have to fulfill before you can reach an IRS live person.
- Choose the language when prompted to do so, after dialing the 1-800-829-1040 number.
- Next, choose Option 2 instead for Personal Income Tax.
- After this, click 1 for “form, tax history, and payments.”
- Click 3 to select all other questions.
- Click 2 and then again select all other questions.
- Enter SSN or EIN when the system asks you to enter it to access your information.
- Tap 2 for individual or personal tax information.
- Finally, tap on 4 for other enquiries and the system would then transfer you to a live agent.
Contact your local IRS office if you are not able to reach a real live person over the phone. The taxpayer assistant’s office does not work without an appointment so you might need to have one before you reach an agent directly.
How do you talk to a live person at the IRS?
To talk to an IRS phone number live person, follow the above-mentioned steps and that’s how you can get to talk to someone.