What is NJ FamilyCare application?
Anyone residing in New Jersey, US can enjoy the publicly funded health insurance program of New Jersey Family Care. Through the program, denizens are offered low-cost or free medical health facilities.
How to apply for NJ FamilyCare Application?
Use any of the two links to apply for the scheme-
You can directly visit this page to begin your application process.
- Answer if you are 65 years or older.
- If you enjoy a Medicare, state that by checking the box.
- If you are disabled in any way by the social security administration, you must intimate that too in the form.
- State if you live in New Jersey.
- Click on the Continue tab to move forward with the application process.
- Fill out the ABD application and start by consenting to their terms and conditions.
- Include your email ID, and the complete name in your application form.
- A confirmation mail will be sent to your email inbox. You must click it to confirm and complete the application process.
What are the application requirements?
The application includes several requirements in the process.
- Children of families at or below 18 years can apply with a family income less by 350% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Adults can apply if the family income is 135% below the Federal Poverty Level.
- Individuals must not have insurance of any sort.
- You must be declared citizens or legal immigrants of the United States.
- You will require to have the social security numbers, W-2 forms, and even policy numbers for the application.
Who is eligible?
To know your eligibility, click on the given link. Answer different questions as they appear on your screen. Questions range from your residential status, your family details (including information about individuals above 65 years or below 18 years).
If you have supplemental income sources state it alongside your family’s total income. After answering all nine questions, you must press the finish tab to know if you are eligible.
You will be able to apply for Food Assistance (SNAP), Health Insurance (NJ Family Care/Medicaid), and even Cash assistance through TANF/WFNJ & WFNJ/GA. Low-quality cost of living and peace of mind is what you can gain out of these programs.
What do they cover? Some of the listings include doctor visits, dental/vision care, prescription drugs, mental health, and even clinical tests through this program.
How to check NJ Family Care Application status?
Depending on the way you have filed the application can you confirm its application status.
- If you filed online or via phone, call 1-800-701-0710 to get the application status.
- Call to follow up with the County Welfare or board of social services if you have used their services for completing your application process.
- If you applied through the Federal government site, check if your account has been transported from the marketplace to the New Jersey site.
How long does it take to get approved for NJ FamilyCare?
Applicants can expect to receive a call from the officials within 7-14 days from the application date. If you do not receive a call, contact them in the below contact details.
Call 1-800-701-0710 or log in to their online website portal to check your status through njfamilycare.org.
This is all about the NJ Family Care program, and if you want to apply read the consolidated information from this space.