Some of you out there might be looking for a stable job. For those of you who are trying to find out a good job for yourself, sanitation might be the sector to look out for. If you want to find a job in the sanitation department, you will have to take an exam with them. You also need to meet certain eligibility requirements to start the application process.
In this article, you can find out more about the NYC sanitation application process and other details about the exam.
How to Apply for NYC Sanitation Application?
- Once you open their site (https://a856-exams.nyc.gov/oasysweb), you will find a tab that one has to click to apply for exams.
- Click on the Apply for Exams tab to reach out for the various exams available for different open positions in different job sectors within the States.
- Click on the blue down arrow to check out the details of the exam.
- If you are fine with the details click on Apply or else try the View Notice of Exam to understand better.
- If you click on the apply tab, an application will open for you. Fill in your personal, professional, and other educational details on the form. Submit the form after attaching all the essential documents in the right order with your application.
Also Read: How to Apply for AMC Movie Theatre Job?
What are Application Requirements?
Points that you need to fulfill for meeting their requirements will mean working on the below points.
- On the date of appointment, one must have a GED/high school diploma to compete for the job roles.
- As identity proof, an individual needs to have a New York State Commercial Driver License.
- The applicants must have COVID-19 vaccination done to appear for the qualifying exam for the available sanitation jobs.
- A certain level of physical fitness is to be there in the individuals applying for the jobs. Each of the qualifying candidates needs to pass these tests;
- A drug test
- An alcohol screening test
- Meet with certain medical guidelines around physical fitness
Who is Eligible for NYC Sanitation Job?
To be eligible, you will have to meet the following criteria throughout your job with the New York Sanitation department.
- One must be 17 and a half to take the exams and must be 21 years old by the date of appointment.
- As an applicant, you must be fluent in English to take the exams and also to do the sanitation jobs.
- You will have to live in New York, Nassau, or Westchester counties during the first five years of employment.
A sanitary worker can get an initial salary of $40, 622 per annum and after six months of regular work, the salary goes upto $44,064. After five years of work, your salary structure will go upto $83, 465 yearly and you also get some survival bonuses at regular intervals with their jobs.
Also Read: How to Apply for Build A Bear Job?
To keep the filthiest city in the United States tidy, the government shells out a hefty amount with additional benefits for the workers.
- New York sanitation workforce gets a good salary which is one of the most competitive salary structures in the country.
- Every holiday is compensated with pay like for Saturday and Sunday each additional hour gets paid more by 1.5 and 2 times respectively.
- Snow removal increases the sanitary worker pay hugely.
- Holiday working can bring home 1.5 times their usual pay.
- Current joiners get 18 paid leaves that increase to 25 days with six years of work.
- As per Section 27 of the Labor law, sanitary workers can lodge a complaint and lawsuit against a third party in case of any injury caused to them.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Is NYC Sanitation Department Hiring?
Applications for the sanitation department are currently open and are inviting applications from 8th June to 30th June 2022.
Does NYC Sanitation Department hire at 16?
No, to appear for the exam, you must be 17 and a half, and to start working, you must be 21 years old. After exams, you can be called anytime there is an open opportunity.
Here’s all about the sanitation jobs and their application process. To apply for them read the necessary information carefully from here.