Medical aspirants in India are expected to qualify for the NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) every year to get admissions to the national level, state-level medical colleges, and even private medical colleges of the country.
The forms are out now and students can apply from the official website of the National Testing Agency (NTA) – ntaneet.nic.in. NEET is a nationalized joint entrance examination for medical aspirants.
NEET application 2021 Details
This year there will be a new exam pattern for NEET comprising two sections of multiple-choice questions; one would be of 35 questions and the second section will be an optional section consisting of 15 questions out which students can answer any 10 questions of their choice.
- The total time duration would be of three hours from afternoon 2 pm to 5 pm in the evening on the day of the exam.
- The medical entrance exam is scheduled to be held on September 12, 2021, as of now.
- The mode of examination still remains physical.
- The entrance examination will be held in 198 cities of the country besides hosting an exam center in Kuwait this year onwards which is another first about the NEET exam.
NEET is also going multi-lingual for the first time and would be holding exams in 13 regional languages besides English.
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) announced the commencement of the NEET-UG 2021 registration from the evening, 5 pm of July 13 through 11:50 pm of August 6.
- The payment window will remain open for another day till 11:50 pm on August 7.
- The editing window will activate from August 8 to August 12. Meanwhile, admit cards will be released three days before the NEET exams.
- Aspirants can be Indian nationals, Foreign Nationals, NRI, PIO, OCI.
- They should be at least 17 years old at the time of admission.
- Candidates must have completed their 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English from a recognized board.
- General candidates should have 50%, OBC/SC/ST should have secured 40%, and PwD should have secured 45% in the qualifying exam.
|Category||Application Fee||Outside India|
|General||Rs. 1500||Rs. 7500|
|General EWS/OBC||Rs. 1400|
What are the requirements for NEET application form?
Following are the documents required for NEET 2021 application form:
- Softcopy of the candidate’s photograph (passport size photo and post card size photo) in JPG/JPEG format.
- Scanned image of signature in JPG/JPEG format.
- Left-hand thumb impression scanned image.
- Class 10th mark sheet softcopy (PDF format).
- Class 10th pass certificate softcopy (PDF format).
- Class 12th mark sheet softcopy (PDF format).
- Class 12th pass certificate softcopy (PDF format).
- Government approved identity proof such as Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Passport, or Driving License (PDF format).
- Proof of citizenship (PDF format).
- Category certificate (SC/ST/OBC/EWS certificate in PDF).
- PwBD certificate (PDF format).
NEET application form 2021 required documents?
Documents required for NEET application form are mentioned above. Documents to be carried to the exam hall are:
- Original ID proof (Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Voter ID/Passport/Driving License/Ration Card).
- One passport & one postcard size photo (should be the same that was uploaded with the application form.
- Valid PwD certificate.
Documents required for NEET counselling 2021
Documents needed for NEET counseling are:
- NEET admit card.
- NEET result or rank letter.
- Original Class 10th certificate and marksheet.
- Original Class 12th certificate and marksheet.
- NEET Seat Allotment letter
- Identity proof (Aadhar card/PAN card/Passport/Driving License).
- Category Certificate for candidates competing from SC/ST/OBC/EWS categories.
- PwD certificate.
- Eight passport size photographs that should match with the one submitted with the online application form.
Documents required for admission in medical college through NEET
Applicants seeking admission into medical colleges at the UG level through NEET have been mentioned above.