With Safelink Wireless you get to avail of a free phone that will include a free phone and 68 minutes of phone activity for low-income group individuals. They work in collaboration with the Federal government offering services in almost all states of the US.
Through this facility, even low-income group individuals can remain connected to their families, healthcare professionals, jobs, emergency service providers, schools, and even vendors and friends.
Those individuals who receive the phone, connection, and minute services will have to apply for the Safelink wireless application.
The phone will not come to the post office; instead, it will come to your residence address. Thus, while applying you must enter your entire residential address and not just a PO Box number.
With the phone come free services like the following facilities;
|Caller ID benefits|
|Call waiting and voicemail abilities|
|Conference calling with 3 way calling facilities|
|Free 411 and 911 access and calling advantages|
|Unlimited free texts and message facilities per month|
|Free calling to the Customer Care|
|Facilitates 2 GB data on the phone connections|
How to Apply for Safelink wireless Application?
To apply for the Safelink Wireless application, you can first move to their site and login.
- Go to the Apply Now segment of the online portal.
- Add all the information in respective segments and sections.
- It should include your personal information like name, SSN, age, and date of birth.
- Add your financial and job-related details.
- Include your bank details and address in the given segments.
- Add more about the government assistance programs in which you or your family members are enrolled.
What are Application Requirements?
Your application requirements will incorporate the following essentials.
- To get the aid, you must be included in any of the following government-approved programs.
|a.||Section B plan of the Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)|
|b.||Low-income home energy assistance program (LIHEAP)|
|c.||Supplemental security income (SSI)|
|e.||Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)|
|g.||Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)|
|h.||National School Lunch Program Free School Lunch|
|i.||Public Housing Assistance (PHA)|
|j.||Federal Public Housing Assistance’s Plan B segment|
|k.||Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA)|
|l.||Tribal Head Start Community|
|m.||Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (PDPIR)|
|n.||Tribal TANF programs|
- Your household income must be 135% below the poverty guidelines provided by the Federal Government.
- You must have your social security number handy for making the application.
Who is Eligible?
Eligibility for the program involves the below-mentioned points;
- You must have a proper street address that is legitimate and complete.
- No one in your household should be already availing of a phone from the Safelink Wireless Company.
- You can have a job and if so, you must declare your payment to the authorities.
- To participate, you must be 18 years and above.
- One must be deployed as military personnel if you want to avail of such offers.
- Once every 12 months, you are eligible for the program.
How does Safelink wireless work?
After you make your applications, you will have to wait while they scrutinize your online application.
- Once done, a confirmation message will come to you post which your phone and other essential requirements will be mailed to you.
- They use the Tracfone network as a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) for their network connection.
- You will get benefits immediately after you receive the phone.
- They also help you avail of the Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) when you already have a phone.
How to check Safelink wireless application status?
You need to check the Safelink Wireless application status in this way.
- Visit www.safelink.com and move to the Account tab.
- Press the Check Enrollment Status option and add your Enrollment ID and end four digits of the SSN.
- When you forget your Enrollment ID lookup for the account details by adding your birthday, Zip Code and SSN.
- To confirm call Safelink Enrollment and Plan change support at 1-800-723-3546.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
How to contact Safelink wireless?
To contact Safelink wireless, you need to call 1-800-378-1684 whenever you have doubts or queries.
Does Safelink give you a free phone?
If you are not enrolled in a BYOP then you will definitely receive a free phone from them.
How many minutes do you get with Safelink wireless?
You will get the following benefits from Safelink Wireless.
- 350 airtime minutes for free when used across the nation.
- You get 4.5 GB per month of data.
- Unlimited text messaging options are available with the program.
- No additional charges are available for making nationwide calling.
How do I qualify for Safelink wireless?
You can qualify if you meet the application requirements and eligibility conditions mentioned above.
For filing this application with Safelink Wireless, you must read the requirements and eligibility criteria. This article can also solve your other informational needs, read it to find out more.