What is SASSA food parcel 2021 application?
SASSA is South African Social Security Agency who are involved in providing social relief to the distressed in the form of food vouchers to the needy. It is no longer providing food parcels but food vouchers that could be redeemed at selected few service providers. SASSA online application is a temporary assistance for social relief of distress intended for South African nationals and permanent residents.
The applications are currently ongoing and the last date is 30th July 2021. The payments are usually granted for a maximum period of three months but in case of very needy households and individuals the grant can be extended for six months.
The applicant’s who are medically unfit to undertake work for a period of six months, the bread winner of the family is deceased, the bread winner is imprisoned or admitted in psychiatric ward, the family is not receiving any other form of grant from any other institution, or have been or have been severely affected b the Covid-19 pandemic.
How to download SASSA food parcel 2021 application form?
SASSA grocery voucher 2021 application form can be downloaded from here. You can register your application with them and once your application is approved you will receive the grants for three months. You have to fill up the application form by providing the details regarding your Identification Type, Citizenship, Gender, Surname, Full Name, etc. You have to also provide your Contact details and then sign the declaration.
How to apply for SASSA food voucher?
SASSA food vouchers application can be done in the same way as for SASSA food parcel.
How to SASSA R350 grant application status check?
The SASSA status can be checked from the link provided here. After clicking the link, you have to enter the ID number and the telephone number and then your application status would be displayed to you.
Alternatively, you can also send an inquiry mail to [email protected] or reach out in their call centre number at 0800 60 10 11. There is also a WhatsApp number which is 082 046 8553 or 0600 1233 456.
To qualify for R350 SASSA grant, you must fulfil the following requirements:
- The applicant must be unemployed.
- The person should be a South African citizen having a Permanent Resident or Refugee status and is registered on the Home Affairs System within the Republic of South Africa.
- The applicant should be at least above 18 years of age.
- They should not be having any income or social grant.
- The applicants should not be receiving unemployment insurance benefits and do not even qualify for that.
- They should be receiving stipend from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme.
- Further, they should not qualify for any other government COVI-19 response support and should not be a resident in government funded or subsidized institutions.
How can I get free food in South Africa?
You have to apply for the SASSA R350 application to qualify for getting free food or food vouchers in South Africa.
Can you apply for SASSA online?
Yes, you can apply for SASSA online.
How long does SASSA application take?
The SASSA application might take a while for approval and the grant is approved for a three months’ time period.