SASSA Reconsideration application
The SASSA stands for the South African Social Security Agency. This agency is responsible to extend out grants and assistance to the citizens of South Africa in case they are needy and eligible. To get the SASSA grants the individual is required to apply for the same through the official website of SASSA.
The SASSA reconsideration application is another similar application where the individuals who have been denied their earlier application can apply for reconsideration. You can apply for reconsideration if you have been denied consideration for any period and you have a zero income in the previous month. Follow the article to know how to appeal for Sassa Declined application.
STEPS to appeal for SASSA declined application
To appeal for the SASSA declined application, the applicant must take the following steps:
- Go to the SASSA official website by clicking on the link srd.sassa.gov.za.
- Log in to your application by using your log-in credentials.
- After this search for the “Application for reconsideration” form as per Section 18(1) of the Social Assistance Act 130 of 2004.
- You will be required to fill the form and submit the same for reconsideration.
STEPS to check SASSA Application Status
To check the SASSA reconsideration application status you need to follow these steps:
- Visit the SASSA official website by clicking on the above-provided link.
- After this login to your account to check the reconsideration appeal.
- Click on the Application Status tab to check the application status of the SASSA reconsideration application status.
What to do if the SRD grant is declined?
The SRD stands for Social Relief Distress which is a social grant under the SASSA list of grants. In case your SRD grant is declined you need to follow these steps:
- Visit the SRD website.
- Go to the “Application for Reconsideration” tab.
- Click on the line which says “click here to apply for reconsideration”.
- After this provide your Identification Number and your Mobile Number.
- And finally, follow the specific steps highlighted on the page to complete your reconsideration of the SRD application.
Why SASSA Application is Declined?
Some of the reasons which can lead SASSA to decline an applicant’s grants application is as follows:
- People who do not qualify for the grant or are not above the age of 18 years.
- Individuals who are employed under any organization have also been denied the application under the SASSA grant.
- Individuals who are not employed but are receiving income and thus do not qualify under the zero income category of individuals.
- The individuals will be declined the SASSA assistance if they are receiving other government assistance like the UIF (Unemployment Insurance Fund) or the NSFAS (National Student Financial Aid Scheme).
- Individuals who have not been able to provide sufficient proof or documents that are required for the SASSA officials to check.
How long does SASSA Outcome take?
The SASSA reconsideration application usually does not take much time if all the required documents are available and provided. The officials check the documents and provide the grants as soon as possible.