What is the TWIC card application?
The abbreviation TWIC stands for the Transport Worker Identification Credential. This credential is a requirement by the Maritime Transportation Security Act. The TWIC credential is required by the workers who are involved or need to contribute towards securing the United State of America’s water-bound vessels and several other maritime facilities.
The citizens of the United States and immigrants who belong to various other eligible immigration categories are eligible and may apply for this credential. The applicants can apply for their identification card through the TWIC official website’s Application.
How to apply for a TWIC card application online?
To apply for the TWIC card application online the applicants will need to follow these steps:
- The first step is to visit the official website of the Transport Worker Identification Credential or TWIC by clicking on the link.
- On the page, you can select the tab “Apply Online“.
- After this, you will need to enter the required details which include personal information and various other requirements needed.
- After this, you will be asked to provide the needed requirements and then click on the “Submit” tab.
TWIC card application Requirements
The TWIC card applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- The individual must be a citizen of the United States, lawful permanent resident, naturalized citizen or asylee, a nonimmigrant alien or refugee who has a lawful status.
- The applicants will be ineligible for application if incomplete or false information is provided by the candidate willfully.
- Other ineligibilities include criminal offenses and various other factors that make them ineligible.
How to check TWIC card Status?
The TWIC card application status can be checked by visiting the official website of TWIC. For this you need to follow the following steps:
- Go to the TWIC or the Transport Worker Identification Credential’s official website by going on the above link.
- After that scroll down till you reach the first heading that says “APPLY“.
- The third point of this heading will have a hyperlink to the text that says “check your status online“.
- Click on the link and provide your credentials to check the supplication status.
Can you apply for a TWIC card online?
Yes, you can easily apply for the TWIC online or through offline mode. To apply to the TWIC card in the online mode the applicant will need to apply through the official website of TWIC and follow the steps mentioned above. Before applying to the TWIC Card you are advised to ensure that you meet all the requirements and are eligible for the same.
When is a TWIC card required?
The TWIC card is required as per the Maritime Transportation Security Act. It is a credential that is mandatory for any person who wishes to serve in the United States Maritime unit. Any individual who wishes to work with water-bound facilities or water-bound vessels will be required to get the TWIC credential or card.
Do TWIC cards expire?
Yes, the TWIC card or credential has an expiry date of 5 years from the date of issuance.