South Africa is opening its doors to national and international students and is inviting University of Free State application. With its sprawling campuses and cutting-edge educational technology, UFS is one of the most sort after institutions in the country and is well known in other countries as well.
There are seven different faculties and 22 different sports disciplines to go for. If you wish to know more about the admission process, here is a link to the prospectus for your reference. In the blog, we describe the essential processes including the application procedure.
How to apply for University of Free State online application 2023?
The application process is purely online so there is not much running around for filling it up.
- Depending on the type of program, you will have an application fee and for distance education services, you will have no fee.
- To apply, click on the link and start the application process.
- But before that complete your account registration process as you will need an account to fill an application form with them.
- Attach your certificates, ID, and passport details wherever specified, and stick to the norms of UFS while attaching your certificates.
- For international students, there is a special provision for qualifying for the SAQA verification process.
- Fill in all your personal, professional, and educational details wherever necessary to continue.
- Once done submit the application form post which the UFS designees will check.
What are application requirements?
You must qualify the below requirements to proceed with the application process.
- You must fulfill their age requirements.
- Submit a national photo identity proof to them.
- Payment must be made one time for applying and then fill the application form thoroughly.
- You must add all your NSC & Standard 11 certificate copies (if applying for degree courses) in the available space.
- You will also have to have a valid email address & phone number to complete the application process.
Application fee differs based on the course types and you need to find out from the University before beginning your application.
However, most of the course types allow free-of-cost applications and only charge the study fee if found eligible.
The first application deadline is 31st May for a bunch of subjects and follows numerous closing dates for each of the different subjects and campuses. Refer to the application brochure for the same.
How to check Application Status?
You can login to the site for checking your application status for your University of Free State application.
Add your ID number or passport number to complete login and then press on the application status option to find out more about it.
Here’s a bit about UFS admissions. If you are applying, carefully read the requirements before applying. If you do not submit the right documents, there are chances that some departments may not entertain re-submission of documents. Thus, only after carefully analyzing the application and the requirement should you go ahead and fill it up.